arrow_upward
Baseball fans: What is your opinion of the new Extra Innings rule this year?
Is it better to shorten games, or does it cheapen the intensity extra inning games used to have?

Doesn't look like they'll keep that rule, as it was for the Plandemic. I don't mind the 7 inning rule for doubleheaders, but the runner on 2nd doesn't seem like a good rule.

I don't like starting off extras with the extra runner, but I could get behind an extra runner starting in the 11th or 12th. I think that would keep the games shorter and would add intensity as extras go on

I've just never thought long extra inning games were a problem. I enjoy them.

Quote: I've just never thought long extra inning games were a problem. I enjoy them.
And then there was the World Series game that went 18 innings, and the Relief Pitcher (and starter for the next day) pitched I think 80 or 90 pitches. Good game, but it did get boring after the 12th.

I don’t like it but I get that they’re trying to speed up the game.

Quote: I don’t like it but I get that they’re trying to speed up the game.
What's not being said is that this trying to speed up the game is coming from the networks, who have a bitch of a time scheduling shows around baseball games. They're probably complaining about the amount of ad revenue that they get during a game, and that they're not getting enough women to watch the games. And women are who they primarily advertise to, because the women spend the majority of the money in the majority of households in the nation.