arrow_upward
Disincentivizing Responding to Sets
Right now the way the forum is setup if you respond to a Leaks thread you get dinged on contribution points.  This means all the posts responding to threads are newcomers trying to figure out how (and failing) to unlock sets.

As such, there is no meaningful discussion on Leaks threads.  I have additional content I've wanted to post in a thread about a particular leak that is missing from the original post but I haven't posted it because I would be dinged for it and the post would be lost in the sea of newbie posting trying to unlock links.

The newbie posting behavior is driven by the text that covers links suggesting replying will unlock the link.  Considering this is what new posters see, there needs to be a better description on those hide bars about what people can do to unlock content. We shouldn't encourage the masses to post meaningless replies that make the threads swamps of meaningless "Thanksssssssssssss" posts.

If those bars hiding the links said something different like, "In order to unlock these links, please read the FAQ. To unlock links you will need to either contribute to the forum by posting threads of content that are liked and viewed by other active forum members or purchase a membership in order to access links to content." then we might see different behavior and the threads wouldn't be those meaningless swamps.

Additionally, if people with a high reputation were not dinged when posting replies then we might see meaningful replies on threads.

I understand what you mean. What will be done soon is that the contributor rank will be reduced, so that more people can join it sooner. This group will have no reductions in Contributor rating so it will accomplish what you are suggesting
Please read the FAQ's before you message me.
leakedbb.com/faq.php
Message me if you have any issues with the forum

[Image: bde77860ca7faa1f89ec9c4c3771efcb.gif]

Quote:Additionally, if people with a high reputation were not dinged when posting replies then we might see meaningful replies on threads.

This is the sole reason I don't post in these leaked sections, instead I just buy, but with that said, there's a lot of things that could have been implemented, so I'll await when there's a mod that will literally post their ideas.

@thundereder9t8y seems to be in a similar situation as I am - posting a fair number of threads with solid content but still with relatively few credits.

I would really like to see a system where credits are awarded on an ongoing basis as threads are viewed and replied to. It seems this may exist to some small extent... but the trickle of credits is too small. Given that you must post 2 new threads to unlock 1 thread, the incentive is to post low-quality sets. If credits primarily poured in over time based on how many people viewed/liked/upvoted a post, we might see fewer threads with higher quality content.

Additionally, far too many newbie posters get to upvote/like/reply, which means that the ranking of threads is heavily influenced by people who cannot see the content of threads. This makes it harder to sort through the many threads for actual high quality content. Only people who have unlocked and viewed the pictures should be able to upvote/downvote a thread.

Ah, I purchased one of @thundereder9t8y's sets and noticed my credits went down by 10 and his went up by 5.