arrow_upward
Where to start?
I want to start programming so I'm looking for a good place to start learning. If you know any good sites or video courses, link them below.

[+] 4 users Like caiodude7's post
Dr. Mango Wrote:Udemy is where I learned a lot.
This is a good place. Depending on what language you want to learn I can suggest a few for you.

Udemy is a great suggestion! But the most important thing, imo, is to keep yourself curious and give yourself time to grow! Question why the code acts the way it does for different languages, try doing it different ways and understand how some methods may be better than others, and if you have a bug you can't fix, throw a ton of print statements here and there so you can see what's exactly happening and where.

I used code academy and tutorials on youtube.
To get full access to code academy you do need to pay however.

An AMAZING resource is CS50 from harvard. Check it out. It's a course they teach their actual students too, and its completely available to the public online.

Look up coding sites online like code chef and code dojo. They will give you a basic understanding. I would start with python as it is very close to natural language and then move into C or Java depending on your mood.

IKEA CEO Wrote:Learncpp.com
a good starting point

I've heard good things about Udemy

what do you want to learn?

Start off with something simple like python. it'll teach you the basics and its easy to learn

Make sure you don't just blindly copy and paste. Look for guides which explains what they are doing and set yourself similar but different projects

Thanks for this I've been asking the same question

Good site from programmired - informprog/com

Bro go on youtube and just watch some vids, then try to challange yourself with an idea. im sure you will get the hang of it!

Check out udemy for quality courses on Python and go from there.

I would recommend starting with python, use PyCharm CE.

caiodude7 Wrote:I want to start programming so I'm looking for a good place to start learning. If you know any good sites or video courses, link them below.
Shy Shy Shy Shy Shy Shy Shy Shy Shy 

caiodude7 Wrote:I want to start programming so I'm looking for a good place to start learning. If you know any good sites or video courses, link them below.
Shy Shy Shy Shy Shy Shy Shy Shy Shy 

bonjour je veux apprendre

codeacademy