arrow_upward
80s Movies Recommendations
last night i watched Dead Heat (1988) for the first time. it was the perfect blend of ridiculously stupid (in a fun/good way) and surprisingly unique (afaik). overall, it was a very enjoyable watch.
my buddy told me there are a lot of underrated 80s movies that are like it so i was wondering:
anybody have unique 80s movies recommendations? i haven't really seen many movies before 1990 and the ones i've seen are the ones everybody's seen.
thanks in advance. Smile

Watch Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Conan the Barbarian, Big Trouble In Little China, Risky Business, Pale Rider, The 'Burbs, The 'Burbs

I am sure you will find them entertaining. There is various types of movies which I enjoyed. Goodluck for your journey.

[+] 1 user Likes Belmont's post
There are a bunch. If you want 70-80s horror/splatter movies, let me know. But man there are some many other good once.

Some non horror from that era:

The Princess bride , a classic
Bill and Ted excellent adventures
Bill and Ted Bogus journey i believe they were called. (there is a new one out just recently )
Stand by me, (but maybe every one has seen that one.)
Commando (Arnold Schwarzenegger classic, as Conan is as belmont pointed out )
Escape from new york

well thats a few.. hope you enjoy if you watch any of them.
cheers

[+] 1 user Likes d00kz's post
Here are my favorite what I like to call "awesomely bad" 80s movies.

Bloodsport- Really anything with Jean Claude Van Damme will be filled with awesome action and hilarious over the topness. 

Showdown In little Tokyo- Dolph Lundgren(Ivan Drago) and Brandon Lee (Bruce Lee's son) team up for the epitome of buddy cop movies

Piranhas II: The spawning. This is the first film James Cameron ever directed, so half the fun is trying to figure out how he went from this to making Titanic and Avatar. But yeah, the piranhas grow wings and attack people on land... It's like sharknado 25 years before sharnado

Gymkata- If you can find a copy it is incredibly bad and hilarious awesome at the same time. The gave a US gold medal gymnast his own action movie where the bad guys always seem to line up perfectly such that he can use gymnastics moves to take them down. Tagline: "the skill of gymnastics the kill of karate"

STRAW DOGS <- I watched the rebooted part and watched the previous one. Worth seeing

Psycho and Casablanca are my favourites