arrow_upward
Anime Dub vs Sub
Which is better dubbed or subbed anime? I like both but honestly there are certain shows I preferred to watch dubbed.

Subbed most of the time. It gives you a much more authentic feel for the characters because dubbed voices might not reenact the expressions correctly. Given that, good dubs are fine. Sometimes I prefer dub just so I can enjoy the visuals rather than constantly scanning words.

Quote:sub is much better than dub in many case
sub is much better than dub in many case

Quote:It really really depends on how well it's dubbed, a really good dub (Helsing) absolutely beats subbed...but most dubs are pretty mediocre.
It really really depends on how well it's dubbed, a really good dub (Helsing) absolutely beats subbed...but most dubs are pretty mediocre.

I’ve always preferred subbed. It’s how my friends told me to watch and now I’m just used to it. It meshes with the characters more imo

I like dubs better, as long as the sync is good. A very good example is Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o! First season very well dubbed, second season only available as subs and not fun. The characters speak so fast that the text changes too fast. Every now and then several persons speak next to each other, so you can't follow the subtitles and have to stop the playback, so the series unfortunately isn't fun.

subbed anime all the way

The dub in english is so bad, always sub

Usually subbed but with some exceptions.

I'm not a purist who insists that subbed is superior 100% of the time cos that's not true.

The devil may cry anime, hellsing and persona 4 anime dubs i think are superior to subbed.

Even the director of cowboy bepop said that the dub was better.

The black lagoon anime is better in dub cos they use a lot of english words and the original japanese voice actors had trouble pronouncing them.

Of course the ghost stories anime dub is legendary.

subbed has more intended expression

I prefer sub, dub to me seems forced a lot of the time.

Sub easy. You get to learn a new language and actually get to listen to their actual voices and reactions. But some shows are better to be dubbed but my opinion sub is almost always better

if u watch anything but raw ur a pleb

Sub
Dub just sounds weird