arrow_upward
Any good ways to learn practical sql?
I've been using w3school; however, it doesn't seem to go into depth into advanced queries. Any resources to actually try queries in a test database?

QbrbQ Wrote:I've been using w3school; however, it doesn't seem to go into depth into advanced queries. Any resources to actually try queries in a test database?
CoderPad is a site that has an example database and interpreter so there is zero config needed to get going.

Watch a few youtube videos about SQL. Then look at problems you have at work....something that you may use a spreadsheet for or some other program that just doesnt do the job right. Try and create db tables and queries to solve that problem. You'll be a god to your co-workers, and you will have learned a valuable skill

Definitely look into the free books and documentation around the Microsoft 70-461 SQL course, it gives you a solid understanding as the course covers everything from beginner to intermediate

Kardz Wrote:Definitely look into the free books and documentation around the Microsoft 70-461 SQL course, it gives you a solid understanding as the course covers everything from beginner to intermediate
Would paying to earn the certificate be worth it in the industry or would it be specific to organizations who use microsoft sql server?

This site is a nice reference:

RE: Any good ways to learn practical sql?.

Registered Members Only

You need to be a registered member to see more on RE: Any good ways to learn practical sql?.
Login or Sign up to get access to a huge variety of top quality leaks.

[+] 1 user Likes tacotruck's post
tacotruck Wrote:This site is a nice reference:

RE: Any good ways to learn practical sql?.

Registered Members Only

You need to be a registered member to see more on RE: Any good ways to learn practical sql?.
Login or Sign up to get access to a huge variety of top quality leaks.

This is actually for a small refresher, thanks

Try to solve more real world problems. Create DBs for things in your daily life, track your interests, etc. When you run into problems, figuring out the solutions will be super helpful.

I wish to know this too

definitely looking to improve sql skills myself

Was thinking the same thing. Hmmmm

I'd just deploy an example database on AWS, Azure or GCP. They can often be pre-populated with realistic data so you can play around with it. Saves you the installation of SQL Server/Oracle etc. as well.

Try to create a dataset for a IA project, you will come to the need of SQL