arrow_upward
Assassin's Creed has lost its identity
Is it just me or has the Assassin's Creed franchise lost it's identity, sure in name, and story it is similar to the originals, but it's no longer an open area with a story, but now a ubisoft open world, which means it's a washed down story, with a level based system to sell cosmetics, and boosters.

The last 2 or 3 have definitely, only one I haven't played is valhalla yet but they went massively overboard with it on odyssey, origins was fine, I have no issues with that, but odyssey was just bland with too much to do, I completed it in around 100 hours but Jesus christ did it get boring for thr last 3rd of the game, felt like they tried to carry on a mythology trio set but yeah it felt like it was heading in the wrong direction in some aspects. Playing Unity feels like what the last few games should have been

It almost feels like they should’ve rebranded the new titles as their own thing, but within the AC universe. But hopefully they get back on track in the future

The one thing i always felt they forgot or prioritised less was their parkour mechanics. I absolutely enjoyed unitys flow. That all changed and just became so rigid after

İ agree. Best AC games 1 and 2 i think