arrow_upward
Best Actor
If you were to give out an award for the best actor or actress to ever live. who would you give the award too?

For me my best actor is Tom Hanks for delivering in literally every catagory and his performances in phillidelphia and forest gump are legendary.

For actress i would have to go hilary swank for million dollar baby alone.

[+] 2 users Like FinalFantasyRulez's post
Daniel Day-Lewis.

he is deffinetly up there, most best actor oscar wins would mean he is objectively the greatest actor ever going by awards

jack black just because of the culture around him

I like Tom Hanks and I've seen a large percentage of his filmography, my favorite is probably The Terminal (2004) but I can never stop seeing Tom Hanks as Tom Hanks in most if not all of his films, it felt like Tom Hanks as a captain of: A baseball team, a spaceship, a squad, a train, a ship. Not to say that Tom Hanks isn't a good actor, but I think great actors manage to completely conceal themselves in their roles and Daniel Day-Lewis was the only person I could personally think of that becomes unrecognizable.

I get that reasoning with tom hanks, but i think it depends on the script he is given, with woody that is tom hanks, same with turner in turner and hooch and his character in big. However in forest gump i dont see tom hanks, i see forest gump, and in phillidelphia he is that character, its not tom hanks with another name if you get what i mean.

I agree daniel day lewis is a chameleon, gangs of new york is a personal fave, but i feel christian bale is also like that, completely changing depending on the role. so is christian bale as good as daniel day lewis just because they are both method and go through those physical changes. does going through those changes effect there acting ability? or does it just help the viewer not see the person we see in every role so we think they are better than they are because they change there appearnce.

sorry about that essay response, just think its a interesting point, is someone like tom hanks a better actor if he can even for one role make us forget its him playing a role and we just see the character? or is someone like daniel day lewis a better actor because he never looks the same so all we ever see is the character he is portraying?

For me its leonardo di caprio and on the female side its meryl streep

Wouldn't say he's the best but Christoph Waltz is a top tier actor.

has to be arnold schwarzenegger, not classicaly brilliant, but ive watched all hhis films and never been bored

Michael Fassbender

Joaquin Phoenix

Tom Cruise is one of my favorites

Wouldn't say he's the best actor but he's my favorite; Denzel Washington.

denzel is great, would say tom cruise is good but he plays the same role constantly the last ten or so years