arrow_upward
Best courses for my son
Hi Everyone!

Was wondering if anyone who is a teacher can help me choose a course for my 12 year old son this summer to work on. He says he wants to be like Mark Zuckerberg, so wondering if anyone knows which courses are good.

I've been recommended Coursera, but which one is good?

This depends on which area he would like to study. He can focus on the front-end and do the layout and graphic stuff, or study the back-end and make things happen under the hood.

Either way, Harvard's CS50 course is free and will give him a good foundation.

RE: Best courses for my son.

Registered Members Only

You need to be a registered member to see more on RE: Best courses for my son.
Login or Sign up to get access to a huge variety of top quality leaks.

Just beat him silly, then you ask who does he want to be. If he says Zuckerberg, beat him more.

How old is he? A good start is earsketch. It’s free and uses raw python. He can later switch and use the same python to code. (Python is a popular coding language.. NASA even uses it)

Microcontroller stuff is also really cool. The Arduino Uno pairs with many sensors. It can also build your kids knowledge in higher level languages. If he continues to use other microcontrollers, he can later learn lower level languages too.

Try skillshare. It's like netflix but for online courses. Things are in more bit size pieces and are more casual