arrow_upward
Best dishes/recipes to get into cooking as a hobby?
I recently started trying to cook as a new quarantine hobby but I am not much of a chef

Are there any recipes or dishes you guys can recommend to build some confidence as a home chef?  Mostly just cooking for myself, doesn't have to be anything fancy
Please like, reply, and give credits! Smile

Pasta, tomatoes and Mozzarella

Try chili. All it takes is some ground turkey, vegetables, pepper, and chili powder. Then you can throw some cheese and onion on top and you have a top tier meal

Get godly at making steaks, they’re a fucking art

Steak always steak

[+] 1 user Likes Keris's post
Steaks, tenderloin, get a good food thermometer and you’ll constantly thank yourself!

This recipe is simple :

In a pot (the ones you put on the stove) heat some butter and sweetcorn , add some chilli and other extracts , a little bit of salt and there you have it , a delicious snack.

Lobster Thermidor is a plan to learn how to make that one day!

[+] 1 user Likes Helios78's post
this is a famous recipe here in Rome. The carbonara ( from carbone = coal , cause the amount of black pepper used by the most )
this recipe is for 500g of pasta

diced pig cheeck or diced bacon ( pig cheek is better )
put oil on a pan and start frying the pig cheek
then
add some onion slices ( half onion is ok ), a bit of celery, half diced carrot, parsley.( that's not usual but i like it this way .
keep frying everything until the pig cheek turns crisp then add about 50ml of white wine with high flame, count two minutes and turn it off.

cook the pasta, i usually use " mezze maniche rigate " barilla.
now take 3 or 4 eggs, scramble them without cooking them. Add to the scrambled eggs some pecorino or parmesan ( the more the better ), very little cinnamon and a lot of black pepper, scramble everything again and wait 'till the pasta is coocked. keep a cup of pasta's water just in case.
once you drained the pasta put everything togheter and mix them. Turn on the low flame and whisk the pasta with eggs for about one minute. now you should have an egg and cheese cream, if too dry then add some pasta's water.

if you liked this recipe and want more just ask.