arrow_upward
Best resources to learn linux CLI?
With JavaScript you have MDN and most other big languages have one site with really good documentation. But when I look up linux questions its always like 10 different sites none of which is really super clear.

What are the best resources people have for linux documentation/other ways to learn it? I know the very basic stuff already, want to expand on it though

I echo your question as well. I fucking suck at Linux. I know the exam tests you on Fedora Linux, and I fucking hated that flavor of Linux. It was easy to install, but fuck it was a bitch to get things done on the command line. Either Fedora is fucked, or the book had really shitty instructions.

The lack of clarity is just part of Linux, every distro is a little different and even things like bash scripting aren't necessarily the same from platform to platform. Best advice is to just dig in writing small bash scripts to automate small tasks you do a lot. Or if that is too deep of a dive to start, try playing around with cryptocurrency, installing a node or miner exposes you to quite a bit of command line and hey maybe you make .000000001 bitcoin in the process Big Grin

Biggest downside of trying to learn anything on linux.. Can ask 1000 linux users a question on how to do something, you'll get a 1000 different answers, and usually only about half of them work.