arrow_upward
Best ways to start a conversation with someone you just met? (Online)
Just as the tittle says, right now because of the pandemic the online world is more used than ever, so what are your phrases to start a conversation with someone to keep him/her interested? And, also, how are your relations right now? (Friends, couple, family, etc.)

[+] 2 users Like gespina582's post
This is a really good question honestly. I think the best way to communicate or start a conversation is straight up asking other people questions. When you ask people questions you get to know them, and usually they ask one back. After a while it slowly builds up, and you begin to talk more with each other. The thing people need to know is patience is key, cause not everything happens in a day. It takes time

I think that you should make someone feel as if you really cared about their lives.. just dont throw a bunch of questions in, also share about your daily activities is a great way to evoque empathy =D

it depends. if you met them on tinder or some couple finder page, well, stating what you want and being proactive is a huge appeal. now, if you just want an online friend, like in discord or some shit like that, well, being funny is best. everybody is having a hard time with covid, and generally you go to the internet to have some fun. so, being funny and not asking questions too personal is actually best. find some shit in common and talk about that.

Make sure to keep them interested and not to ask questions like "how was your day" you're just asking for them to answer with one word. Just be confident and funny and try to move out of texting and into calling. I usually only text if its something I need to say urgently, if I'm trying to have a conversation I'll just call them or facetime.

Try to get to know them