arrow_upward
Books that really captivated you more than usual
Been thinking about taking up some reading, and was wondering if you guys had any eBook recommendations that really kept your eyes glued to the pages. Any genre's fine, as long as it isn't some gushy-mushy shit (I'm not reading Twilight, I'm just not).

"The Picture of Dorian Gray" is one of my favorites. Lord Henry and his quips are hilarious and some of them are relevant even in present day.
Exclamation I do not use mega Exclamation

the bible by the christian outlaws is good

Asimov's Robot and Foundation Series books had me glued to my kindle for well over a month, no movie or games could get me away from those

For mi it has to be It, by Stephen king

Might not be what you're looking for but when I read 'The Five Love Languages' by Gary Chapman it really helped me out.

Oke not really sure how to actually edit my post, so I'll just add some more.

If you're into fantasy, right now I'm reading the Wheel of Time series (it can be a little bit overly descriptive at times just as a heads up), which I really enjoy

If you're into trading or investing:
Reminiscences of a Stock Operator
Trading in the Zone
Market Wizards, interviews with Top Traders

I'm mostly a fantasy kind of guy, so.... Book of the Ancestor trilogy (Mark Lawrence), Echoes of the Fall trilogy (Adrian Tchaikovsky), Dagger and Coin series (Daniel Abraham, 5 books). Tchaikovsky also has a 2-parter sci-fi (Children of Time, Children of Ruin) but it's a little bit harder to get into, you need to be interested in the whole "what makes a person" topic.

N K Jemisin has a pretty interesting approach too, she has a collection of short stories under the title "How Long til Black Future Month" (the stories aren't directly related to that title though).

amazing post thanks sir!!

Great thread this

I really enjoy fantasy as well and I would absolutely recommend the "Malazan Books of the Fallen"series and the "Black Company" series. Both great dark and gritty fantasy series. Not so much typical elves, orks, and dwarfs kind of fantasy, more so gritty war and mercenary kind of stories.