arrow_upward
Burn-out
How do you deal with burn-out at work? I'm starting to dread checking in everyday. My job isn't hard but it feels like I'm putting in a lot of effort to get through the day.

Start looking for another job. When I burned out at my last job, I just avoided co-workers, avoided the bosses, and did my work as quietly as possible. On lunch, I hauled ass outta there, and went somewhere, instead of the break room. Once you're burned out at a place, it means you're overdue to leave and find something new.

Maybe you should take some days off and evaluate your current state in life, maybe this feeling comes from something else than work...

A burn-out is pretty serious, you should rest when you feel you are close to one..

I know some people who burned out, recovery can take like a year, maybe more. Take care of yourself, treat yourself.
Maybe just call in sick for a day, who cares right?

Take care!

Its a shit spot. A day to day grind will inevitably leave you feeling a little raw. For me i ended up quitting my job and taking the skills i learned there to make myself a better person. Thats a vague bs-filled way of saying i just left. Not everyone can do that and the answer is different for everyone. Maybe finding some type of hobby to give you a sense of progress or working out to deal with the stress. Honestly any type of stress management will help with burn out. Just find ways to make your day a little better. Improve upon and focus on the little things in your life.

I'm sorry you're burnt out, I think you should take a while for your own mental health and find a new job, I absolutely hate crunch culture

Take a break for a hot minute, come back with a clear mind

Life is about balance. I work 6 days a week, but when I finally get some down time, I make sure to spend it with friends or do something I enjoy to do.. working out, hiking etc. It makes going back into work a bit more bearable considering I spent some time doing things I actually like doing on my down time.

this is the last place i'd think to look for good information. Yes burnout is something very common, to me its unemployment burnout. I've been into job hunting for 2 years and have yet to find someone or sompleace to work and provide services for. Sometimes the best cure for burnout is to have that sense of work-life balance. I hope more answers are available

I'm done now ...
I deal most off the time self with it (or more likely Depression)

So I try every Day to say to myself is get better before i disagree to eat these 5 Ecstasy Pills an end this shit

And really this is the stayed for the last 3 years ...
But how you can see if I'm saying what to myself I do it xD

In the end, there is no perfect place to work, we shouldn't feel that when you work in the role that is your career goal or in a place that you admire and looks great, things will be less messy. The exploration can be very subtle, most of the time we are exploited and don't even realize how much things are normalized. Take time to rest and work fewer hours, because all this will affect your performance in any way, whether at work or even for leisure activities

Maybe you can communicate with your work that you are at the verge of a burnout? Maybe they are open to looking for solutions