arrow_upward
Cities: Skylines
Recently, this game has helped unload the brain after a hard day's work. I calmly build houses and develop my city, plan areas, add all sorts of elements such as trees or benches.

But sooner or later I will finish building the city and the game will bore me. Can anyone recommend some other city building simulator this one?

played a very similar game recently, only it's medieval themed rather than modern; it's called "Foundation". only about $30 on steam and worth every $$$

[+] 1 user Likes DavidCrackin's post
I tried avon colony and I don't recommend it. The game was very boring and generic. Compared to cities skyline it was like a mobile app. Big Grin Big Grin

I watched a play through on Foundation and the game looked amazing. I am just waitng for the game to go on sale for around 15 dollars the I will instantly buy it. I am kind of sad it doesn't have a steam workshop though.

I love playing this game when I have a day off in time to unwind

If you want strict city-planning, but aren't against a bit of story, you could try Tropico or Frostpunk. A lot of irony in the design and both focus more on the immediate needs of the population than on city-wide policies but variety ain't such a bad thing.

If you're not afraid of difficulty, Banished is a good medieval option on a very small scale. It starts hard and has mechanics that call for a very thin balance of ressources. But once you get the hang of it, it's very rewarding.

If you want something chill, where you can build and only worry about problems once in a while, you might find something in Planet Coaster. It's not a city builder but it's not for nothing that it's often associated with them. Too much options for decoration, a robust game under it to support the whole thing. Don't play with infinite money and you may find the same kind of enjoyment.

Finally, you might want to check out Ingnomia. It's like Dwarf Fortress, but nice to look at, not-alien to play and trying to be developed on a clean and stable code. It's in isometric 3D with an obscure tile system that needs to be understood at first, but is very versatile. Also... since it's still under heavy development, it doesn't even have sound yet. But promising and you can see the project evolving from month to month.

[+] 1 user Likes DennisArtart's post