arrow_upward
College students - how are you finding doing classes online?
Per thread title, how are you guys finding the current situation and not being able to attend classes or sit exams in person? is life more difficult or easier in some respects?

I'm finding it so difficult, I need to be face to face and communicate with people in almost every class,and because everything is recorded no one really shows up and you just lose motivation from the lack of structure and routine from normal classes

[+] 1 user Likes thisoneiguess's post
with a competent prof, its about the same

It’s much more difficult for me since sitting at home allows for all kinds of distractions and the ability to just not do anything. Plus with everything going on outside with COVID-19 and the protests, it’s tough to stay focused on school and to stay motivated.

[+] 1 user Likes Shabamawam's post
It's difficult because the teachers think that we have more free time in the virtual classes than the real ones, so they send us more homework

[+] 1 user Likes dossietecinco's post
I'm gonna be a freshman this year!!! I can say that I'm not excited.

It's easier in the sense you can allocate your time better between classes, it's basically like having gaps in your schedule. Just make sure you actually reserve time to review online lesson plans, otherwise it will be difficult. I say spend 1.5x time for an online class to learn new material on a general guideline. It does rely heavily on a professor's ability to teach the material in the first place, online or physical classes won't affect that.

I'd really prefer to be back physically in class. If that's not possible I think we should at least get a discount on tuition. My school has said that they are still delivering the "same great quality" of education so they don't need to lower tuition prices. I disagree... lol

I really miss the social aspect of it to. Sitting at home studying by yourself just isn't the same.

It is honestly exhausting and feels kind of useless. Most professors are not really skilled with technical stuff. So often it does not work or is way slower than usual. And in classes we talk a lot and discuss things. That didn't happen this summer. It didn't feel worth the time.

Only had a single class so far and it was not good. I didn’t have any professor to teach me or guidance really. I was just given the syllabus and a textbook to read with exams and assignments...

The learning online is just like a stripped down university. No social experience or extra help from others. I’m hoping school next year will be back to normal again because this isn’t it

very very interesting responses

not great. loved the idea of it, but when it actually happened, ended up hating it instead. hopefully itll go back to normal next year.

Yes, doing classes online is so difficult. I cannot concentrate on professors