arrow_upward
Cordless vaccuum
Do any of you guys have any good cordless vacuums? I’m trying to vacuum more but plugging it in is literally the worst. Looking for some good cordless vacuum recommendations. Preferably cheaper than dyson

What aspect of the corded feature bothers you? Cordless vacuums are in its infancy right now and I'm presuming your issue is you have a large space that needs vacuuming so runtime would have to be a consideration. You could ostensibly be trading some cord issues for runtime issues where you'd have to take a break in-between cleaning your whole place. Comparing the Dyson V11 versus the V7, the runtimes on standard and max setting are 60/30 minutes versus 30/10 minutes, that's with a $200 price difference, therefore I'm not sure if more economical brands can compare. 

Personally I would buy once and cry once, but I'd also stick with corded for now as it would provide you with the best value unless you are insistent on getting a new cordless. For high end cordless it seems like Oreck is Made in USA, but not certain if that's only per model, apparently you should avoid Shark vacuums on the budget end, and I'm not really sure if there's a definitive high value reliable economical cordless vacuum, so it's a gamble in terms of recommendations. If there's any specific issue with the corded style that's not due to the sole existence of a cord, perhaps there's a model with a cord mechanism that appeals to you?

roombas arent too bad if you get one from a good company. easy storage, takes up less space, can get under things other vacuums cant

i wouldn’t go for one if i were you. cordless ones aren’t where they need to be yet.

Also depends on what kind of surface and how much of it you're vacuuming. Stick vacuums are great for consistent use on thinner carpets and hard flooring. If you have thick/dense carpet it probably won't get the job done and you'll run through a charge using the power mode.

Never had anything other than your standard vacuum cleaner, was always too cheap to buy dem fancy ones.

Ok for small jobs. Battery isn't big enough to do every room in the house