arrow_upward
Do probiotics help at all
Some people swear by it but to be honest i don't think they're as important as people make them out to be

[+] 1 user Likes gogo24's post
It depends, just like with vitamins. Some people need them, but most people already get all the nutrients they need from their diet. Probiotics do help if it's something you need.

Everyone's body is different, and you just have to see if something like yogurt will help with your digestion or not.

There's lots of research on how the gut biome influences overall health. I think doesn't hurt to take them if you can afford them. Treat it like vitamins

It's tough because supplements aren't regulated in the US, so you gotta be careful when buying them. It's also important to get prebiotics because that is like the food for your gut microbiome.

I think it's supposed to help with your gut and digestion. However, I feel like if you don't have any problems, you wont recognize benefits.

As a bodybuilder on copious amount of food in a day, yes, its literally a god send for people like me.

It depends on your existing diet and existing gut microbiome. Your stomach bacteria change in population depending on whether you eat healthy, but if your diet consists of pizzas, cake, coke, and all things fast food your microbiome will be absolutely full of bacteria that feast on that kinda stuff, and said bacteria are not great for your long term health. Probiotics are useful for restoring balance to your stomach microbiome, or stabilizing it if you are on a diet that is high in food that would encourage the development of bad bacteria. For the average person, it won't do anything to benefit them.

Ie, if you aren't already in a situation where you need to improve your gut microbiome, it'll give minimal benefits, if any.