arrow_upward
Does Firefox have a long-term chance of survival?
Firefox is the only browser that still has its own render engine, otherwise there is only Blink and WebKit (Safari). Blink is a fork of Webkit. 

Do you think Mozilla can handle it permanently, its own render engine? Users have switched to other browsers en masse over the last 10 years. About 10 years ago, 25-30% of all users were using Firefox, now the percentage is only 6-10%.

[+] 1 user Likes eggTimer's post
Short answer is yes.

Firefox have a better product over Chrome. Don't forget that 6-10% is still a lot in the Internet word.

There has also been a huge increase in user base since 10 years ago on the internet. So the 6-10% could equate or be similar to the high percentage numbers from a decade ago.

Firefox has been around this long and I seriously doubt they'll go away any time soon. They've been taking steps to find revenue sources outside of the money it's receiving from the temp outside sources so that it can have that personal revenue in case that money they've received is cut off. As long as they can reach a point of self sufficiency that should keep them around for a long time

Browsers like Tor and Brave (I think?) are founded on Firefox/Mozilla bases. So, I think it's here to stay, even if the usage isn't as big as say, Chrome.

they definitely have

I think they'll be on the rise again soon. I heard they're developing it to be better for privacy which is something that people should probably be thinking of more than they currently are.

idk probably tbh

[+] 1 user Likes brick69's post
I switched to chrome but I still think Firefox is a good browser and it won't go anytime soon.