arrow_upward
Does anyone have recommendations for fantasy books?
I'm trying to get into fantasy books. What are your recommendations?

Metro 2033 or Witcher depending on your tastes

ghulaky123 Wrote:Metro 2033 or Witcher depending on your tastes
I just downloaded the Witcher series after seeing the show. I'll look for Metro 2033. Thanks!

The Game of Thrones book series is amazing, atleast compared to the TV show in my opinion.

kingkiller chronicles. for real.

[+] 1 user Likes frankwhitee87's post
Books of the New Sun are odd but very unique given the protagonist's background as torturer.
The Elric of Melnibone Saga is fucking incredible and some of the best sword and sorcery I've ever read. Highly recommend if you're new to fantasy in general too.

frankwhitee87 Wrote:kingkiller chronicles. for real.
shamelessperv Wrote:Books of the New Sun are odd but very unique given the protagonist's background as torturer.
The Elric of Melnibone Saga is fucking incredible and some of the best sword and sorcery I've ever read. Highly recommend if you're new to fantasy in general too.
These sounds great. Thanks!

You won't be disappointed

Yeah there's so many series out there that are great it's hard to choose

Wheel of Time series. Possibly Neil Gaiman books which are more modern fantasy like American Gods.

Kingkiller Chronicles is a must
Game of thrones
Sword of truth
Wheel of Time
Books by brandon sanderson are genereally very good too

Rick Riordan books are great

try dune it is a classic but more scifi than high fantasy

A lot of the warcraft novels are pretty great

Anything by Terry Brooks. Especially the original Shannara trilogy.

Cast under and alien sun by Olen Thorenssen. A chemistry Grad gets transported to another planet with humans who have the technology of the 1600s, he tries to modernise them.

Really cheap on kindle/audible.

Big fan of Harry Potter Big Grin

I suggest you "The name of the wind", written by Patrick Rothfuss. A lot different from other writers Smile

The name of the wind is part of the kingskiller chronicles (just to be consistent in the thread).... However, you will finish books 1&2 and be horribly dismayed when you realize there is no book 3 yet after like 10 years... maybe one day the story will be finished!

I know a lot of people were not a fan of this book, at least not to the fans, but I really enjoyed it, Legacy of Blood by Richard A. Knaak.