arrow_upward
Does anyone use meal prep services?
I see so many ads for services like fresh direct, which ship ingredients to your home that you can cook. Is it worth it? They claim to offer a lot of free meals, but is that just to lure you in to make you pay for overpriced groceries?

Part of me want's to, but at the same time it'd ruin having meals with family.

maybe you can try once and if you see it's kinda a scam, just stop

Tried them before. They're great because they take a lot of the thinking out of it for you. They're awful because you pay a HUGE price for that convenience.

If you have a ton of disposable income, do it up. If you are on a budget, avoid these things like the plague.

in my opinion, they provide you with fresh ingredients and exact measurements so you don’t gotta do anything but, with that comes a huge price tag, it’s much easier to cook simple meals that you will enjoy for much much cheaper.

Unless it's something like produce where usually they are trying to skip the middlemen with worse products (large retailers), varied ingredients requires varied suppliers and it's very hard for them to have a high enough volume to sell you on a low margin. In other orders, it's always more expensive than purchasing in large retailers

No, they are a scam. Unless you are very rich and you don't care it makes no sense