arrow_upward
FMAB or HxH?
I have seen both and they are both in my personal Top 5 anime of all time.

Both anime are critically acclaimed, and both seem to be in contention for not just best shounen anime, but best anime (in general) of all time.
It seems that it is socially acceptable to rank either anime as 1 and 2 respectively.
However, famous anime list site seems to always have FMAB above HxH

I think some parts of HxH can be slow-paced. There's definitely arcs that stand out more than the others. I don't believe that HxH's 148 episode run is an issue at all. And yes, the Chimera Ant arc is just godlike.

FMAB also has kind of a slow start (first 10 eps, although ep 4 stands out a lot). The show as a whole though is just solid and well thought out (although some parts can get ridiculous). While the Chimera Ant arc is undeniably godlike, I feel like the Eclipse arc (last 18-20 eps of the show) can compete with it.

I've only brought this up in terms of the narrative but I do understand that characters, animation and music/osts must also be considered.
All of those considered, I personally think HxH is better than FMAB. 
Although, just like I mentioned, if someone said FMAB is better, I wouldn't really mind as much and find that opinion as valid.

What are your thoughts?
Do you think FMAB is better than HxH? Or is HxH better than FMAB? 
Is it too close to call? Or is it equal?

Personally I rank FMAB above HxH, but I think it's more of a nostalgic thing. I read the hell out of the manga and really enjoyed the the original show so when brotherhood came out I was gripped every episode. I've watched HxH and think it's great, but I never had that personal connection with it.
If I want to get really controversial I rank Bleach at #2 in my top 5.

Man I enjoyed watching the both of them. I would go with FMAB though. The Greed Island arc was a little eh for me at times but definitely still good. I might watch FMAB again now

I liked both but FMAB is probably my favorite anime ever, so I would choose it.

[+] 1 user Likes Chjlc's post
FMAB is better

Hunter X hunter, the only shounen anime which is good.