arrow_upward
For those working from home, do you think your current working style is sustainable?
I am used to commuting into work, which gave me time in morning an evening to get ready work mentally and then decompress. Now, you get up not long before work and sit in the same space all day and I think it affects your motivation to do other things.

I think personally I need to change my working style and encourage myself to move around more, try and do extras in the morning / evening in an effort to not burnt out too much before this is all over.

[+] 2 users Like ashchum's post
Routine and making an effort to separate work and home life, definetely makes it easier, but there's defintely ups and downs.

We are going to have to make adjustments to our work from home routines. Like you said, it's easy to build up bad habits because of the freedom and we are not used to it.

I agree with you, I have also got into bad habbits over the lockdown, but you have to encourage yourself to get up and move about and try and stick to a schedule. Even if its for your own sanity.

From my experience, not sustenible on the long run.
Too much important relationship with colleague and clients.
During the lockdown I suffered to not be able to enjoy my free time outside. Maybe working from home could be easier if you can spend your freetime outside and avoid bad habbits.

I used to work from home before the pandemic and what I found was hard was people respecting the fact that you are at work. That boundary needs to be set or else they will be trying to talk to you like if you are just home chilling.

im jiust here all the time

I work from home since March.

I could do it bevore but made it just for 1 or 2 days a month. So i had to adjust. Built a desk with ajustable hight and  better lighing. So i can work more comfortable and can walk around and stand.

I try to make teamcalls with my team everday so we can chat and no one feels alone.

It was hard in the beginning but now i realy like it and i think I have to learn going back to work in the office.

The longer it goes on the better people will get at it. Workplaces should make adjustments as well that will make working from home easier, and I wouldn't be surprised to see an industry around working from home emerge

I work night shifts from home and feel like I'm more productive now than ever

It's really challenging working from home and also home schooling the children as the schools are closed