arrow_upward
Games that you didn't expect much from but that you ended up liking
As the title says, what are those games that you were not excited about but then you ended up liking and playing a lot? In my case I was not expecting much from metro 2033 but man, I really loved it, since then I am a big fan of all metro’s. What’s yours?

Games like oxenfree it really surprised me. I thought it was a normal 2d gane but its full with twist and loops. Its a psychological 2d horror game its really cool

No Man's Sky, I picked it up a few years after launch when it was on sale and really fell in love with it, and I'm really excited to see what more they'll add!

[+] 1 user Likes Mr_Banana_M4n's post
valorant i thought cs was a lot better

It's kind of hard to differentiate actual enjoyment and Stockholm syndrome. A lot of games have a lot of hype and it may be hit or miss as to why it's great, I suppose the one that I didn't expect to enjoy the most was Resident Evil specifically REmake. I presumed it was going to be absurdly difficult, tedious, and full of grinding to just find keys, instead I found that it was a  great game with a solid atmosphere, wonderful puzzles, and recursive map design. I enjoyed it immensely and thoroughly, and the varying anecdotes and brief glimpses of the gameplay I had didn't do it justice.

I bought sekiro because my friend was a fan of dark souls and I was a fan of samurais. I knew that sekiro was a souls like game and when I played at dark souls at my friend's house I hated it. But after playing sekiro it really captivated me to play more of those games so I bought noh and nioh 2 and loved those ones as well so now I'm big fan of the genre.