arrow_upward
Games with the best story
Which do you think are the the games with a really good story? I, for example, really liked red dead redemption 2. Which stories do you like the most?

[+] 1 user Likes gespina582's post
I think my favourite story from a game ever is Final Fantasy X, I don't particularly like "realistic" stories like RDR. As for a cool story from a game I've recently played, let's see, I guess God of War.

[+] 1 user Likes GrandCrossXX's post
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Sayonara Wild Hearts, A plague's tale innocence, Sanitarium is a classic.

The uncharted series really blew me away. The 2nd is still my favourite and the first last of us.

I really liked "A Story About My Uncle." It's literally done as a bedtime story but has some really solid gameplay.

The uncharted series is prob my all time favorite series that has an amazing story

any final fantasy game

the metal gear series

last of us (not part 2)

ghost of tshushima

RDR2 has amazing story. I can feel the emotions of Arthur, his struggle, his anger, and how he felt when the group betrayed him.

I played the Witcher 3 a few days ago again and it really doesn't disappoint, it's relatively cheap nowadays definitely worth looking into

I think a lot of game stories are really bland and derivative, they don't need anymore than that so it doesn't get better than that, and any high level abstract stories get shrugged off as a novelty. Personally, it's hard for me to think of a game with the best story as it is to determine a film with the best story, because most of the time it's usually avoiding the worst story as opposed to picking the best one which will usually end up as the "safest" one.