arrow_upward
George RR Martin still hasn't released Winds of Winter
For those unaware, GRRM made a promise last year that the Winds of Winter (his long awaited next book in the ASOIAF/GoT series) would have been both written and published in time for the end of July. Well we still don't have anything. Do you guys reckon he will even end up finishing this before he dies?

[+] 3 users Like 4675029's post
He's actually taking way too long I hate it I just want a good ending to the story I need ittt

[+] 3 users Like AnsArt's post
he has money he doesnt have to do anything

didn't he say we could lock him up if it wasn't done?

he did indeed

I honestly think he's going to die and then it will be released afterward but thats jus a theory..... A BOOK THEORY

He just may release it later, might be still working on it.

I think he just burned out. After geting shit ton of money he doesn't have the motivation to continue writing.

Time to follow through and lock him up, we need the ending promised.

I've just accepted that he never will finish the series. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

I dont think it will live up to the hype if it ever does get released, and reason its taken so long is probably cos he keeps tinkering with it.

Quote:
WE NEED MORE GOT

After the backlash of season 8, I wouldn't be surprised if his motivation to complete the books tanked. Then again anything he would have written would have been an improvement over D&D.

You think he would have more time to write with the whole global pandemic thing

One of his latest updates concerning TWOW on his personal blog:

RE: George RR Martin still hasn't released Winds of Winter.

Registered Members Only

You need to be a registered member to see more on RE: George RR Martin still hasn't released Winds of Winter.
Login or Sign up to get access to a huge variety of top quality leaks.

He is making steady progress...

People have been predicting it would come out soon since like 2014...sad to say it, but I've basically lost interest in the books & the universe at this point.

I hope he'll release it.

I really doubt hes going to release at this point