arrow_upward
Get something off your chest.
This sites anonymous so might as well drop a few juicy secrets down here! Don’t get too dark... or do!

I hate partisan politics. I hate both parties. I hate all third parties. They're all literally vying for the position of the elite group that gets to decide who is worthy of having a say in politics. They have created a ruling class that they limit and maintain with very few exceptions, and anytime someone gets past their restrictions they are attacked constantly until they are out of the running. It's inherently anti-democratic, and yes, I know we live in a Republic, but the Republic uses democracy as the mechanic through which our representative entities are selected, so the less democratic we are, the less efficiently it functions. I'm a veteran, and I have had to put up with both parties using me and mine as fucking talking points for years, and it just keeps getting worse, while getting us killed, and then when I say anything about it some two-bit asshole decides that they understand military service better than any veteran can and that I'm not a real veteran because I don't support their party or favorite partisan hack. I don't support any party or partisan hack, the very few federal politicians I do support tend to piss their own party off, and even then I still lay into them when they fuck up, because if we don't keep the ones we like accountable, we sure as hell aren't going to successfully keep the ones we don't like accountable. Just.... Fuck thinking that the parties are anything but a blight on our country at this point. We'd be better off replacing the very few positive functions they serve with modern technology and then abolishing them. Partisanship is why I can't talk to some members of my family, why I've lost dozens of friendships, why I can't reliably get the support I was promised when I signed the fuck up for the military in the first place, because the fucking politicians are too busy playing partisan politics to actually do their job, and the majority of the electorate is okay with that. And no, it's not a new thing, it's not a "last four years" thing, it's something that's been going on since before I was born, it's just gotten visible enough in recent years that more people now understand what I'm talking about, they just don't give a shit because they think their party is inherently right, despite massive evidence to the contrary. I lost it today on one of my family members because they spouted off a fucking lie because a partisan mouthpiece had said it and it had been debunked within hours, but they didn't care. They don't care if reality doesn't match their narrow view, they just care that they're "right." Fuck it all.

My T-Shirt so annoying