arrow_upward
Home exam tips?
Hey! I got a home exam coming in a few weeks. When I'm at home, I really strugle to focus on work. Instead I get distracted and start doing a lot of other things.
Anyone got any tips on how to focus on work when you're at home?

[+] 2 users Like epnepn's post
Treat home studying like dieting Big Grin  Something that has helped me when I have to study is essentially KNOWING I will be distracted, so what I do is schedule said distractions.  I block out X amount of time for work/study for the day. Say 3-4 hours.  In that 3 to 4 hour block I set myself 30 mins to do w/e that has nothing to do with my studying/work.  Generally having structure will help due to if your mind knows you have all day you will invariably go off on tangents and side projects all day and rationalize Oh but I still have time etc.  I will legit set an alarm/timer for those 30 mins.  The next step is your own self control on following that.  Also, unless your cellphone is being used to help study, put it on silent/vibrate.  Human brain hears the phone go off and were trained to instantly look at it.  Turn off alerts for a bit.  Hope this helps.

[+] 1 user Likes Filebytes's post
How hard could a home exam be? they can't exactly see if you're cheating or not so just google all the answers on your phone.

stay away from forums when reading for exams:p

If you can, take a laptop or something to a more public area. It's hard to get distracted when anyone can see what you are doing!