arrow_upward
Is PHP worth for USA job?
I want to know if PHP is worth for jobs in USA, or is better to get focus on another language like, JavaScript,Python or Java

Java is the most used code base system anywhere, easy to learn and to code. I think java for me sounds like a better deal to learn and to try to get a job since have a lot of search on the market for java developer.

[+] 3 users Like zukibas's post
Honestly, you need to learn them all. Java, jscript, php, and python, all kind of go together. Learning one isn't enough to get a job here. Programmers have to know multiple scripting and programming languages to get work.

[+] 2 users Like olichan12's post
PHP is one of those "good to haves" when you're in the web dev market.

[+] 1 user Likes thundereder9t8y's post
its a good thing to have, but worth learning things like java and python too

I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket if I were you, add some variety to the mix
Please like, reply, and give credits! Smile

I don't think PHP or Java is worth the time at all. Java is old as hell and really outclassed by languages like C#. Python however is worth a lot nowadays.

100% this.  I feel personally you need to know html, php, javascript, jquery, python, and be comfortable with SQL server, mySQL, and PostgreSQL.

PHP has the largest currently active code base out there.  You will encounter it often.  

If you don't know html yet, you should start there.

[+] 1 user Likes FriendlyTofu's post
I think Java would be the most requested

Would recommend starting with HTML before going into PHP

java is still good starting point, python and php are so easy that if you know java, it only takes few days to learn those because all you need to figure out is the syntax. sql is completely different thing and there is much more to it than just syntax, so that might need more time

sure. you can make a living with just php/wordpress mod skills.

I personally did almost exclusively PHP work from about 2000 to 2015, though i learned lots of other stuff on the side.

It's not "popular" anymore, but it still runs millions of websites and will always be a useful language to know.