arrow_upward
Is dating a woman with a child a deal breaker for you?
Discussion with my friends the other day, with all varying different opinions. Majority said it was an instant dealbreaker, however one person said it wasnt and they were fine with it (with them having zero children of their own), but then said had she'd been previously married, then it would be a dealbreaker.

What about the rest of you? Personally for me it is, as I would be in a different stage of life compared to them, and I'm not ready to commit to a small human if I know I won't be able to handle it

[+] 1 user Likes LazarusLucifer's post
Didn't bother me any, back when dating.... I have no children of my own. The woman I finally settled down with actually had several children from a previous marriage.

It has some serious pros and cons, but dating with children involved is not for the weak minded or insecure. One of my favorite quotes I have seen is: " It takes a strong man to accept somebody else's children and step up to the plate; another man left on the table."

Which brings me to another great quote I love:

"Let's be very clear: Strong men - men who are truly role models - don't need to put down women to make themselves feel powerful. People who are truly strong lift others up. People who are truly powerful bring others together." -Michelle Obama

for me no, i have my own house and a woman with kids would have her own house too, i like my own space and like being apart, so gives a chance to spend time apart and meet up when we want too.

unfortunately dealbreaker for me - but mostly because I want kids of my own

Depends on the situation

Yes deal breaker of course