arrow_upward
Is it worth to switch from Android to IPhone?
I have had different versions of the Samsung Galaxy for the past 7 years, but recently I was contemplating switching over to the IPhone 12 just to try something new. To anyone who has used both an IPhone and an Android which do you prefer and why?

I've been an iPhone user for the past 7 years so I guess that would be my preferred model. But from a non-biased standpoint, I'd like to point out some of the downsides to iPhone that no one really talks about.

The biggest downsides are Apple's greed and the lack of expandable storage. (For some of the past gen models, we didn't get OLED displays like Samsung did unless we paid an extra couple hundred for the max version. The display resolution for some of the base models were also lowered to encourage people buy the max/pro versions (ie. iPhone 11). Same with storage sizes, there's no option to expand. Once you run out, it's either delete stuff or upgrade. For the Xs models, there was no 128 gb option, it was either lowest size (64gb) or the higher tier end at 256/512gb for additional costs.)

Most people stick with iPhone for iMessage and brand bias really, including myself lol. Anyway, if you're fine with that, iPhone 12 has OLED with 128gb option, so if you're curious to try,  it'd be one of the better iPhone options to try.

The first thing to take into consideration is if you have a cloud or any other document of information that you need.

You will lose messages, paid apps, and everything not stored in a cloud.

To transfer messages from WhatsApp you have to pay a third-party app, maybe you will lose progress in a game etc..

Other than that, iPhone is a great product with a great User Interface. I'm fine with it.

I was vehemently anti-Apple for a long time, but now I have an iPhone and Apple watch, and 2 Macbooks (work computer so doesn't really count lol) and I'm happy with them all. The thing about Apple is that even though they're more expensive and they lock their systems down tightly, the user interaction with them is so far above everything else that I've used because Apple cares about user experience more than anything else.

It really depends for you personally. If you like customization options you get with Android and you can't do without them, then you might want to think about staying since iOS gives you very little leeway in personalizng your device (its getting better but its still bad). But if you're getting tired of the small frustrations that make you think 'that could be done better' then you should go with iPhone.

Honestly I would stick to android, even tho I have an Apple myself rn, I’m planning to upgrade to a oneplus here soon

Yeah after switching to android i've found it hard to justify buying apple

If you like the freedom of being able to download apk files and customizing your phone's UI how you like it, I'd definitely say just stick with Android.

I personally think the iphone is really easy to use

Even if he is expensive Big Grin Big Grin

It mainly boils down to ease of use and customisability. Apple products work very well together and don't usually have apps that don't work. With android, one of the bigger issues is each vendor slightly tweaking their own version of android, which can cause issues for certain apps. I've never used apple, too expensive for the features for me. I doubt I'll ever swap from android.

No, it's only worth it the other way around