arrow_upward
Is java considered a hard or fun (or both programming language?
So Im a full beginner and I just started learning java in school (didnt have other choices) but I dont know ho I feel about it. I dont find it that interesting, or maybe the teacher teaches it in a boring way. What other languages should I take a look at if I want to be a programmer?

My opinion is to stick to java for now.

All coding languages are pretty similar, so once you know one, you'll be able to learn another much quicker.

In the beginning, you should just be learning all the basic concepts, it might take a while before you can do anything 'cool'.

Try learning things outside of your class to accelerate you understanding.

Try Python, maybe.

Python will make you enjoy high level programming better, however I honestly do think that C++ as a starting language is good. If you want to hate yourself, try ASSEMBLY. I, personally, enjoyed it. But really, start looking into C++.

[+] 1 user Likes thundereder9t8y's post
As a lot of guys said so far, I would start with Python. It's so much easier to start that way.

Given said that, I started my programming pathway with Java, than Python, then C++ and then I had to go back to Java. The first time it was confusing but the second time, I understood it so much better

Good luck in your new path

I actually started with C, then went to Java. I didn't like Java too much. That being said, I haven't programmed in a long time. My instincts say start with C. If you're learning in school, follow whatever program they have to teach you. But once you learn one language, you can read the other languages, and get the gist of what's going on.

java is never a hard language id you use imtellij

[+] 1 user Likes dikemo3042's post
For me java is considered hard and sad and is fun when its not me dealing with java problems uauauauuaa