arrow_upward
Is the stock market just gambling?
Is investing in the stock market just gambling or are investors safe if they are able to confidently analyze trends and businesses? I often hear advice that invest only what you are able to part with because of the risk associated with investing, and isn’t that also applicable to gambling?

I can easily make the prediction, whenever I invest the stocks of that company goes down lol.

It is gambling if you don't know the anything about the market comdition.

Any investment has some risk. It's not gambling because there is skill to it, the skill lies in knowing and figuring out which businesses/ companies will do well.

Yes and no. If u blindly or emotionally put money in with no risk control or reason then yes its gambling.
goes to the question of is a professional poker player a gambler? a professional has risk control, and a strategy and uses information to make a decision.

If you have a plan or strategy also then less so. It also depends on which market u trade on, but there is always a risk like with everything in life.
But yes only put in as much as you are willing to lose - risk control.

if i buy a car will it die on me? will i crash it today? tmr? etc...
if i talk to that girl will she reject me or no?

There is risk in everything so dont let that hold u back. Cant win the reward if u don't try to.