arrow_upward
Is waking up at noon unhealthy when done repeatedly
I've been waking up at 12-12:30 bc I'm just not a morning person at all...will my physical and mental health start to pay in the long run? It's not like I can't stop doing it

not necessarily

I'm wired the same way as you. It won't affect your health at all, it just means that your body wants to sleep at a different time. I'm not doing that now, but I used to work nights, so waking up at noon was normal.

is this even a real question,? sleep cycles are verrry individual, dont got anything to do until noon? lucky you

Getting up before noon is good but if you always get up at noon there will be days when you oversleep and feel like shit because its like 2-3pm. So try to keep it under control and you will be fine.

I mean it depends on you really. IF you're consistent and not oversleeping it's not an issue.

Especially during this pandemic, I find having a strict sleep schedule really helps, so I would recommend getting up before noon.

(07-05-2021, 08:11 AM)lmia4993 Wrote: Especially during this pandemic, I find having a strict sleep schedule really helps, so I would recommend getting up before noon.
I think its fine unless ur going to bed at like 9 in the evening or something '

Depends on your schedule I suppose

I’ve been getting up at around 6-7 pm lately. My sleep schedule has been fucked this past year lol

I think it's probably OK, as long as you're consistently getting enough hours of sleep. The really deleterious thing is lack of sleep. Compared to that, I think a solid 8 hours that happens to run 4am-12pm is not so bad.

If you maintain a good schedule then it isn't necessarily bad for your health, but you might find your allotted time on any given day to be somewhat cramped. Sleep schedules can have consequences on heart health (among other things) if not maintained appropriately.

We can all decide how to live and use our bodies but remember our sleep schedules react to light and such so keep that in mind, meaning going along with natural cycles of sunrise/sunset might be more beneficial in the long run.

Heard that it might mess with your circadian rhythm but at the same time everyone is built different so who know

Keep a routine and you'll be completely fine.

Depends on if you go to sleep late

as long as you’re getting a decent amount of sleep you’re good