arrow_upward
Last of Us Discussion Thread
Anyone feel a breathe of fresh air with Last of Us? I know we are only on episode 6 but after terrible adaptations that feel like a cheap cash grab for streaming services it's good to know video game adaptations can translate well into serialized episodes.

[+] 1 user Likes elly2's post
So far so good, I hear that the show follows game well

Love the last of us!

Overall, I think the show was done well and is the best video game adaptation I have ever seen though I think there was a lot left to be desired, particularly in Joel and Ellie's relationship. I didnt get the feeling of it developing naturally over time. It felt like Joel was annoyed one episode, we got a time jump, and then the next episode he was seeing her as his daughter. A lot of things felt rushed to me, especially the last episode and I honestly didnt like the nudges to Ellie should have a choice or what they are going to do after. I felt like it hinted too much that things werent going to go as planned. In the game the revelation that she would have to die in order to find a vaccine was a shock, but the show hinted at things so much that I saw tons of people (who never played the game )say she was going to die (granted she didnt die, but the she would have if the Fireflies had it their way). I also have little gripes like acting decisions, directing decisions, and writing, but most of those are nit picks.