arrow_upward
Low Involvement MMORPG
The most popular MMORPGs nowadays seem so involved with lots of time spent traveling and killing monsters and stuff.

I don’t have a lot of free time anymore but I still have to have that mmorpg experience where you level up and earn things. Are there any games that don’t take a lot of time to play?

GW2 can be pretty casual friendly, can leave the game for some time and come back without feeling like you cant catch back up.

FFXIV i hear is much better after Shadowbringers as far as the main scenario at the start no longer taking 60+ hours to get to the newer stuff.

I have enjoyed both over the years on and off but like you i do find it hard to get a good chunk of time to dig into any one game myself.

[+] 1 user Likes Tensaz87's post
Dungeons & Dragons Online. It's free to play, does not require traveling or grinding endlessly, can be played solo or with a group of up to 6. Most quests take like an hour or two to complete. Once you get to higher levels there are 12 player raids with puzzles and stuff.

[+] 1 user Likes Genedei's post
surprised no one said runescape (osrs > rs3), it can be grindy but you don't have to put time or effort into it. super easy to just spend a few hours a week working on goals or playing through the quests. a lot of the good content is locked behind a monthly sub though so that's a downside

[+] 1 user Likes sugarv's post
(25-04-2021, 02:42 PM)sugarv Wrote: surprised no one said runescape (osrs > rs3), it can be grindy but you don't have to put time or effort into it. super easy to just spend a few hours a week working on goals or playing through the quests. a lot of the good content is locked behind a monthly sub though so that's a downside

I’m gonna be honest, I tried OSRS and it wasn’t really enjoyable to me. The movement in the game is clunky and slow, and quests just weren’t that interesting.

I really wanted to like the game but when a quest sent me walking all over the place I couldn’t take it anymore.