arrow_upward
Lucid dreaming
I've been working on this for a while but with very little success (have only been able to do it a handful of times and never intentionally). Does anyone have any tips?

I would be careful how you do it. I started doing it and getting night terrors that I can't escape. So I started sleepwalking and stuff. 10 times more frightening than a horror movie. Just started happening in my life out of nowhere.

Never tried it before

I have had some success with it. On the rare morning that I can sleep in. When I’m able wake up naturally but can stay in bed and doze back off.
I can direct my dreams in a direction I want to go, somewhat. Sorta half awake thinking about something then drift into a dream about it then wake up a little and continue the thought from the dream.
Iv never done any research on how to do it. But it is very enjoyable to sleep late and drift back and forth.

Yikes that sounds awful, i'll keep that in mind thanks

I've done something sort of similar before, although I find that once I wake up even a little the dream becomes much less immersive. cool to hear though

I had it once, it was surreal, only it didn't last very long

I had a dream where I hit a dab pen a couple times and I started to feel high in my dream and I woke up feeling a little high somehow. Weird

incredible. the natural succession from bed wetting

I'm not a weed smoker but smoking weed did this for me on the few occasions i've tried it...

They're easiest to trigger during mornings when you wake up, or during naps. The reason for this is due to dreams occuring during REM sleep. Lucid dreams trigger most commonly when you're going towards REM sleep. The most common way is through mindfulness, what you have to do is to let your body sleep, but to keep your mind awake. This is why it's easier to lucid dream while waking up because your mind won't rush to deep sleep and it won't get to deep sleep as fast. Most of your opportunities will come from stumbling across you already being in that zone of slightly lucid. When this happens, you will feel intense vibrations through your body kinda like you're being electrocuted, and it'll get intense with every breath. It will feel scary and for the first few times, it will throw you off, but you get used to it overtime and after experiencing it many times. This occurs because your brain is still awake, but it's losing touch with your body since it's falling asleep and your brain can't detect where your body is so it just randomly pings in the general area of your body. Eventually, everything will quiet down and you will feel like you're in your room, looking at the ceiling (if that's what you were facing), but you're also aware that your real eyes are closed. Congrats! You're in a lucid dream.

[+] 1 user Likes Lydia Linda's post
There's tons of guides available online. By far one of the most effective things you can do is to start a dream journal and write as much as you can. As you get better at recalling your dreams, eventually you'll be able to tell when you're dreaming.

When i stopped smoking weed i got alot of lucid dreams.

that sounds really cool. thanks for the tip lydia lydia!

I've done it a few times, but I find almost every time I realize I'm dreaming, I wake up before I get to do anything!

I'd recommend trying the diary strategy and making sure the room you sleep in is not too dark. Been doing this for half a year and still haven't had night terrors.

Happy to help!

That happens very commonly with lucid dreams when you're waking up or during naps, which is also when lucid dreams are most common. A trick is to spin around a few times while you're in the dream, this will help make it more vivid since after spinning, you reorient yourself to where you are in the dream, which forces your brain to make the dream more vivid. The problem with being aware too is that if there's a lot of stimulus from the outside, you might focus on that instead and it will absolutely kill the vividness of the dream. Examples of which are sunlight, noise, hitting a pillow or a wall, etc.