arrow_upward
MEGA space
Is there any way to increase MEGA space without actually buying the plans? If not, are there better alternatives? Cuz I know MEGA will initially give 50gb for like a month and then reduce it down to 15gb.

It's pretty clear on the mega site ... click the M logo top left, then the 'get more bonuses' button. You can earn temporary additional space using their apps, and permanent additional space by inviting other users to sign up.
Or you could set up multiple accounts but that becomes a pain in the ass to manage. Just pay - it's the best cloud service around.

Honestly there are ways to get google drive accounts that have unlimited storage for free, i prefer those way more.

smellar Wrote:It's pretty clear on the mega site ... click the M logo top left, then the 'get more bonuses' button.  You can earn temporary additional space using their apps, and permanent additional space by inviting other users to sign up.
Or you could set up multiple accounts but that becomes a pain in the ass to manage.  Just pay - it's the best cloud service around.
Lol I'm literally broke. I wouldn't want to pay a monthly fee but thanks for the info about inviting and earning temporary space.

I have heard there is a way to upload more storage than your account limit, first delete everything in your your mega and then upload a folder that is more than the limit in one go and it should upload it all. have seen pics of people with 1tb on a 50gb storage account. im not sure if that is the method or someone was lying.

I would honestly prefer google drive tbh

leej0055 Wrote:Lol I'm literally broke. I wouldn't want to pay a monthly fee but thanks for the info about inviting and earning temporary space.
Haha fair enough, np man.

max18tk Wrote:I have heard there is a way to upload more storage than your account limit, first delete everything in your your mega and then upload a folder that is more than the limit in one go and it should upload it all. have seen pics of people with 1tb on a 50gb storage account. im not sure if that is the method or someone was lying.
I've seen this happen twice on my 15 GB account, and it wasn't even empty to start with - both times it was from the android app so maybe it's a bug in that.  I imported in some folders from a shared mega and it went over by close to 2 GB, but then other times it goes over by less.

I suspect the site checks the remaining space in your account after each individual file it imports ... if you're a few MBs under the limit and try to import two 1 GB files I think the first one will import and then the second will fail becaase the re-check now sees the account as over the limit.  So if you wanted to import 1 TB of extra data into your account it's gonna have to be a single large zip or something!

bamboy Wrote:Honestly there are ways to get google drive accounts that have unlimited storage for free, i prefer those way more.
Interesting, may you give some hints on this?

i would avoid mega. its really gone downhill

bamboy Wrote:Honestly there are ways to get google drive accounts that have unlimited storage for free, i prefer those way more.
how can you do this? gdrives are usualy limited to 15Gb so I have a lot of different accounts but it's a pain to switch between like 10 accounts

Just open multiple Mega accounts with different emails

Trisc0 Wrote:Just open multiple Mega accounts with different emails
just remeber you need to login from times to times otherwise they delete inactive accounts.