arrow_upward
Mac user. Should I stick to learning Motion or is After Effects THAT good?
I like making short motion graphics; overlays, fly-ins, visualizers, etc. I'd like to expand further, maybe possibly into more 3D projects, but I'm unsure if I should stay with Motion (which I got a long time ago with Final Cut Pro X) or if I should bite the bullet and start using After Effects.

[+] 1 user Likes potokon's post
Hi there! I have used After Effects and tbh it is good, but for the price it isnt too many bugs and crashes that can lose you weeks or even months of work, god knows I now have a crippling fear of losing files so I save automatically most of the time. Tbh maybe get sony or if Motion is a free app use that better, anything is better than After Effects if you really think about it. Sure there are some features that it has that other programs don't but tbh they aren't really necessary.

Ive always opted for after effects and have gotten much easier with it.

I feel Adobe could do a bit better with certain aspects from transitions and being able to incorporate three different overlays but it will do for now since I brought a yearly subscription

After Effects really is THAT good. Most crashes etc are related to users not setting proper ram and memory usage. Or source files being corrupted or with bad encoding.

I feel like if you have an Adobe CC subscription with After Effects included, you may as well try it!

AE is incorporating more 3d with every update, and synergizes well with cinema4d. If you're looking to get into 3d I recommend it.