arrow_upward
NBA season
thoughts on whether or not regular season games would proceed and go straight to playoffs if the NBA does return this season?

[+] 1 user Likes loadinghydra's post
I don't think they'll be able to just jump into the playoffs, would imagine they would have maybe a week or two of "regular season" just for players to readjust and get back into rhythm for the playoffs. but it all depends on how long everything lasts/all the other issues with coronavirus...will have to see. hoping the whole season doesn't just get cancelled though.

I think it they need to play the full schedule so no team can complain if they end up missing playoffs by 0.5 or 1 game. To make up time they can shorten the first 2 or 3 playoff rounds to 3 or 5 game series, keeping the finals at 7 games.

Bodog has a prop where you can bet whether the season will resume on/before July 3 or after. Odds are -120 both ways

They should go straight to playoffs tbh

[+] 1 user Likes yopyopyop's post
It would be good to have a few weeks of regular season before going into playoffs to give the ones fighting for playoff berth a chance. But I feel like they might just go into reg playoff or a slightly extended playoff.

i think it'll depend on what the lawyers say....

Think they will terminate the season sadly. There is no way they will just point out play off teams now and hope everyone is satisfied with this. Teams on the verge of Just reaching playoffs will not accept this.
Believe the team owners need to vote for this

Scraping the season seems likely - all depends on when they go back to playing imo

no el basquetbol no continuar porque corona virus

At the rate it's going, probably scrap the season

i think it will happen
in like may

I miss basketball bro, not sure what would be the best option, I think they don't even know either lol

Looks like it'll be a few games then playoffs. Surely benefits those that have a court at their house.

If they return, they would have to play at least 10 games as a tune up, but i doubt they will return at this rate

play the rest of this season as expected, then have a shortened season for 20/21?

damn you called it

dhsisbsksisbs