arrow_upward
Need ideas for programming
The way I learn new programming languages is simple: I challenge myself to make something with the language that I'm learning. That's how I learned C#. I've asked in other forums too but I didn't get any good answer, so I decided to ask here. I want to expand into other languages as well but for now I really want to learn Python and C. Does anyone have ideas for a basic program to make? Also, is it better if I use Linux? If yes, What distro is best?

[+] 1 user Likes shadowsamurai99's post
make a bot thats fixes common spelling errors better than gooogle

I don't think that's very easy for a beginner like me

For python you can try some simple web app with CRUD and for example some big data calculations. For example, movies ranking stats by genre, year etc. There're tons of math lib for python that can help you. PySpark, numpy etc.
Or try to make some neural network basic stuff. Image recognition or whatever. scikit-learn, scipy.
And on the top of that... You can easily add python telegram bot for this stuff. Like, bot that will recommend you a high ranked film, that was released by current day/month.

None of those are bad ideas! Maybe I'll try something out

Write a sneaker bot Wink You will learn a ton. Selenium is fun.

Listen to your inner ideas and let them guide you through

[+] 1 user Likes hamiso's post
Pretty basic (as in the whole project would be like 1 function) but try to create a function which validates a credit card number with the Luhn algorithm. Sounds scary but it's actually pretty simple, just look up the rules for Luhn and you can make a function for it in like an hour

In python you can use selenium to automate something : Like right swiping every person on tinder. or a Instagram Image liker.

try to design an app like anydesk

[+] 1 user Likes dikemo3042's post