arrow_upward
New Members should be given 10-20 credits.
Because all of the links in this forum that people come here to see are hidden initially, new users have no idea whether contributing enough to get to 10 credits is even worth it and many might leave because they don't want to spend a bunch of time and effort to unlock a post and find out there's nothing new in there.  I think that new users should be given some credits initially so that they can check out some of the content and determine whether they want to contribute/post. 

Thoughts?

[+] 5 users Like jsballsack's post
Wouldn't this just mean people could create multiple new accounts to get all the content they wanted without contributing anything? I thought this was the problem the credit system was supposed to stop?

[+] 1 user Likes Dslg01's post
I agree or at least that should be a freebies section to ensure that everything is legit, it seems difficult to know if the entire thing is real or not

jsballsack Wrote:Because all of the links in this forum that people come here to see are hidden initially, new users have no idea whether contributing enough to get to 10 credits is even worth it and many might leave because they don't want to spend a bunch of time and effort to unlock a post and find out there's nothing new in there.  I think that new users should be given some credits initially so that they can check out some of the content and determine whether they want to contribute/post. 

Thoughts?
fantastic idea sir

[+] 1 user Likes skinsman955's post
I agree to an extent, I'm new and have no real idea how to get credits! If there was like an information guide on how the site really works and how you can get credits from posting and approx how many you'll get from doing so would be great!

So having a beginners guide somewhere very visable on the site.

[+] 2 users Like alphagull's post
I feel that a better explanation system of how to get credits would work better than just giving free credits to a new person. People would just abuse this system if everyone got free credits once they signed up. However I do think that the credit system is a little confusing to new members.

[+] 1 user Likes Dominator371's post
Or maybe don't sucker people into signing up without even so much as mentioning that it's just a ruse to get them to pay afterwards....

[+] 2 users Like TastyLeaks's post
totally agree

[+] 1 user Likes galio6's post
I see your point, but I agree with people thinking this would result in spam accounts being made

jsballsack Wrote:Because all of the links in this forum that people come here to see are hidden initially, new users have no idea whether contributing enough to get to 10 credits is even worth it and many might leave because they don't want to spend a bunch of time and effort to unlock a post and find out there's nothing new in there.  I think that new users should be given some credits initially so that they can check out some of the content and determine whether they want to contribute/post. 

Thoughts?

Doesn't that defeat the point?

i totally agree with you sir

Dslg01 Wrote:Wouldn't this just mean people could create multiple new accounts to get all the content they wanted without contributing anything? I thought this was the problem the credit system was supposed to stop?

Exactly this. I did not reply to this thread because I wanted to see if people would realise and they do.

If new members were given free credits when they sign up, it would defeat the purpose as they would just create multiple accounts Smile

[+] 2 users Like Lucifer NightStar's post
Giving free credit to new users would defeat the purpose of a system designed to reduce the amount of leechers on the site.

Based off what I see (I'm new here), the system is designed to primarily reward the leakers for posting and then gaining a % amount of credits people spend on their leak. This reduces the chances of the link getting taken down since anyone seeing it has already invested some sort of credit in it (whether it is credits or account upgrades eg. Onyx, Elite etc).

This leaves the leecher with a new job to fill on the site, that is to contribute and earn credits (and reputation it seems) by posting in discussion forums, liking posts and overall keeping the website active (keeping the site alive). Compared to account status upgrades, which are the ones pay upfront to have more room to browse, all of the free members have to slowly gain rep and credits.

With that being said, I do agree there should be a way for new members to see the sites legitimacy. I believe it should be time-gated with a week or 2 of staying active with a positive rep score. You could have different milestone tiers for how long an account has stayed active and have forums which host "previews" from the exclusive forums such as 1-2 pictures and shorter videos from an overall collection.

This would give new members something to look forward to in their time on the website.  Since as of now the system seems to largely favor the upfront payment account upgrades only. This is because the account upgrades gain unrestricted access to all links while "free" members may have their credits used up without refund and have little information of whether the link they're opening have been taken down or not.

[+] 2 users Like Temple_Stryke's post
Instead of giving free credit, i think it would be better to have the users answers a set of questions and update their profile to receive some small credit, just to prove that they are not bots or were just merely spamming. I think some forums do that kind of credit rewarding system for that exact reason.

[+] 2 users Like Nguyễn Hà's post
I had 10 credits and used them and the forum was like nope we'll take those no link for you lol

I'm in the negative and can not seem to do anything to get out so I can even use my credits

[+] 1 user Likes Purchaser11's post
I'm pretty sure that'd mean people would just keep opening new accounts

[+] 1 user Likes gr33ng3cko's post
People will start to abuse it by creating new accounts allthe time

[+] 1 user Likes diccem's post
Pretty sure that this will be abused if they implement this

Nguyễn Hà Wrote:Instead of giving free credit, i think it would be better to have the users answers a set of questions and update their profile to receive some small credit, just to prove that they are not bots or were just merely spamming. I think some forums do that kind of credit rewarding system for that exact reason.

JohnnyLovesAsains Wrote:I had 10 credits and used them and the forum was like nope we'll take those no link for you lol
Yup thats what happened to me, so frustrating