arrow_upward
New PC build
Hey everyone, so I'm looking to put together my first PC. I don't have any prior experience in this and want to know what you think of this build my friends and I put together last night. I'd like to keep my budget around $1k, and I would use the rig mostly to game, stream, and to work in digital audio workshops (DAW). In terms of gaming, I really would just like it to be better than my xbox that i currently have. I don't know if I'll actually start live streaming, just want that option to be available. For DAW work, I'm running with Ableton and ProTools and need to be able to run quite a few plugins at once. Seriously open to any and all comments and advice. Thanks for taking any time to check this out[Image: Screen-Shot-2021-04-08-at-11-54-36-AM.png]

[+] 2 users Like hearno1101's post
If you are gonna use a AMD Graphics , you should use a AMD CPU as well, Ryzen 5. they perform better than intel i5. Dump the RGB lighting in the power supply and use that money to upgrade your GPU or CPU .
Ideally IMO you should hold on a bit longer... because of the chip shortage the price of GPUs have skyrocketed.
Your motherboard is fine but if you want it to be future proof you should get one that supports PCIeV4

You're not better off with AMD CPU just because you have a AMD GPU but he's right that Ryzen preforms a lot better. Especially if you're going to do multithread tasks like streaming. Are you getting the 560 at MSRP or is this a prebuilt config?

A ryzen is better right now, but it doesn't matter if you have an AMD GPU

Have you seen 

RE: New PC build.

Registered Members Only

You need to be a registered member to see more on RE: New PC build.
Login or Sign up to get access to a huge variety of top quality leaks.
?

My absolute favourite PC building site for gauging prices. I recommend checking them out especially if this is your first build!

Thank you all for your replies. I went ahead with your suggestions on the ryzen 5. This was a prebuilt design I tweaked with a couple choice parts with the help of some friends. If i could wait for gpu prices to drop I would, but I'm at a point where both my gaming console and my computer at home are close to death lol. But I definitely will be checking out that last site you linked, @greatdaysl, before I confirm my purchase. You all are the bees knees thank you again