arrow_upward
Opinions on Esports in the Olympics
With the way esports has grown in the past few years, I am pretty sure it will end up in the olympics eventually. I have always wondered what other people thought about this topic, and whether people are for or against. So are you for or against esports in the olympics?

It's not ready for the Olympics. The professional side is mostly American or chink. It needs true worldwide appeal first, and among the masses at that.

I don’t watch the olympics in general and I know a lot of people do, but most of the people I know who do are older and aren’t big fans of gaming. I always figured it was an older person thing to watch anyway, I would say no because while I think it takes skill and practice and can be physical, I can’t put it with the other sports

pandemi ruins it

It's got big potential. This is the first olympics they've had skating as an event, and it was an effort to appeal to the youth and engage young people. I think e-sports will eventually come. Think about how many 10 year old kids these days play fortnite and watch streamers like ninja. They will be the ones consuming media in the future. I think it will start out in an asian country like korea or china, and it will be here to stay

ESports are sports in my opinion, and I'm sure one day theyll be considered for the Olympics, but in my view they shouldn't be. Just not comparable to physical sports.

Good idea, but they are very conservative

interesting, need more development