arrow_upward
Opinions on the possible new black woman James Bond?
Just leave your opinion thanks.

OK. 

I mean does it really matter? So long as the story is good the person playing Bond is literally interchangeable. 

That said Roger Moore is the bet Bond.

>Just leave your opinion thanks.
Wait... so I can't give my opinion?

Doesn't matter to me. You can totally reinvent a franchise to make it "relatable". In the last few years, society changer a lot regarding the different sex, sex orientation, skin color,... it's only normal to make relatable characters in big budget movies for different members of this society

[+] 1 user Likes Martin Corhay's post
She's not James Bond, she's 007, as in she's taking over his agent number. To answer the question though, I wish people would create new and interesting roles for women rather than just replacing existing male roles with women. Even better would be to create new and interesting IPs instead of trying to force change upon an existing fanbase. More choice gets us closer to a little something for everyone.

[+] 1 user Likes bleepblorp's post
I think you're right. Its easier to take over an existing money machine and rebrand it as something new, thank creating it over time. 
I dont care about any skincolour or what you have in between your legs, as long as you are authentic.

It's not like there haven't been attempts to make "Female James Bond" as new franchises. Gina Carano in Haywire, for example. But those just don't have the reach. I think "existing fanbase" probably also includes some people who are happy with/welcome the change.

Of course not, and they never will have more reach if people don't invest time and effort into it. If you don't believe in your work enough to continue working on it even when things get rough, you can't expect anyone else to believe in it either. People forget that every franchise they love today didn't start out beloved by all. Not to mention not everything is destined for greatness, which is why creatives constantly need to be creating to increase their chances of a success.

Also, "female James Bond" is part of the problem. If your only difference from James Bond is that the lead is a woman, you're already failing at your job. Take inspiration from others for sure, but make new characters with their own personalities, character flaws, wants, needs, and lives. Inject something new into the spy genre instead of just taking over someone else's IP. "Oceans Eleven, but they're women" and "Ghostbusters, but they're women" are not intriguing ideas, they're barely ideas.