arrow_upward
Overwatch Comparison
How do you guys feel about Overwatch compared to Overwatch 2? From what I've read, a lot of people think the game has completely changed. From my experience playing it though, it doesn't seem that different from the original. The most significant difference is the teams are now five players instead of six. They've also added some new characters and maps. However, is that really enough to warrant calling it a new game?
[Image: Overwatch-2-feature-1920x1080.jpg]

It really shouldn’t be called Overwatch 2. The best way I’ve heard it is that the game is the same, but the monetization is different so management was like “Different Monetization System therefore new game”. Also Overwatch 2 was going to launch with the PvE mode, but the devs realized that letting a pre-existing game die before you can give it an update (which is what essentially the PvE is) is a bad idea

[+] 1 user Likes J56578106's post
I heard about the PvE you mentioned. However, it's been several months since they launched the "new" game. How much progress had they really made at the time of the decision?

From my understanding it was pretty mid/late. They had to update a lot of systems in the game before getting the PvE implemented and now since OW2 launched the dev team for the PvE aspect is smaller