arrow_upward
PS5 worth it?
Is the PS5 worth getting? I want to play the new Spider-Man game, but other than that there's not much that interests me in this console upgrade. Is there anything exciting about the PS5 other than general graphics updates that makes it worth buying. Curious to here what your thoughts are on this..

Use to be completely loyal to PC gaming but I really see the value in console gaming now especially for casuals. It's crazy that you can buy a PS5 and gaming with high frame rates and 4k right out of the box

no, switch over to pc

No, I don't any point of it buying it now

I would go for the new Xbox system over the PS5.

for me I'm getting it because I know there'll be many PS exclusive games to come. But I agree at this time there's not enough to get it yet. Although I'm planning to sell my PS4 because the PS5 has backwards compatibility so I can play my PS4 backlog in improved graphics/ load time while I wait for the new games to come.

There will be a lot of exclusives on PS5 only so we'll be forced into buying it

Probably not on launch. I have a PS4 with a backlog so I'll get by for a bit until it starts dropping in price. If you don't have any consoles right now it might be worth it if you're a semi-casual gamer, but if you're hardcore you're probably on PC anyways.

Imo not really. PC is still better

it looks pretty great if you plan to use it. as someone who is not a big time gamer I won't be getting it

Nobody knows this yet...

imo it is for the exclusives alone. last of us, god of war, bloodborne, spiderman. Those are games I can never experience as an xbox user and pc user.

I would also pick up the PS5 just to play exclusive games. Same goes for XBOX.

It honestly depends, maybe just wait a few months. It will get cheaper and you can see the games you can buy. I had a PS4 and it was very much worth it.

The upgrade isn’t really worth it right now, a year down the line perhaps

Right now I only want it because of Gran Turismo 7. Other than that, I dont see anything else I really really want. Maybe I'll get one after a few years.

Don't think so myself. I remember buying a PS4 for my little bro who didn't live with us when it first came out and spent like 400 on it with no games. Bough one for myself like a year and a half later for just over 200.

Also remember, 1st versions of consoles usually have some sort of bugs or issues that get resolved in the first year or so. Plus not too many great games available right on launch.

In any case, my PS4 back catalogue is huge and mane of the games I've bought over the years are still sealed. Haven't had the time to play as much as used to. Reckon I'll leave the PS5 and get it in 2 years or so. By then they should have fixed any issues with overheating and anything else that may have come up. Also hopefully by then they'll have a slim version of the PS5 available