arrow_upward
People not welcoming crypto
Why do majority of the people find crypto currency so fishy? I mean there’s no doubt there’s a part of internet that uses it for blackhat stuff but most of the people use it as a source of income via legit methods / trading of kinds. Every time you talk to to a newbie regarding BTC they act so skeptical about it

maybe their wary after the last rise and fall

The volatility is the reason for a lot of people.

It's an untested market. People don't want to throw months or years of work into something that historically doesn't look good.

It goes up and down too quick, providing no security. Just gambling

It’s full of scams

From my experience, one part of the rejection comes from the circuitous and quite costly exchange from BTC to real currencies like $ or €.

[+] 1 user Likes BirteSchea's post
People are used to using fiat currency and generally distrustful of new things, especially when the crypto markets are as volatile as they are and especially considering how relatively unregistered the markets are when compared to other investment markets.

[+] 1 user Likes 14tard14's post
I’d agree with 14tard14. Also, I’d add the ICO scams of 2017 and Bitconnect probably left a sour taste in many people’s mouths.

Why is crypto so valuable despite people being so wary of it? Speculation?

Its a littls bit scams haha

Little bit of scam haha

I think it’s partly speculation, but I also think that there’s some value in certain projects. Cryptocurrencies are built on blockchains and blockchains are invaluable pieces of technology. Various cryptos provide some type of value by utilizing the blockchain. The question of how valuable cryptocurrencies are turns on the question of what real-world Problem a given digital asset is trying to solve. Generally, the coins that serve as a means of exchange are fueled on speculation because their claim for value is that they’ll displace fiat (i.e. government-issued) currency. The tokens, on the other hand, I think add much more value because they are built to fill a particular role.

It's the same with most revolutionary tech. Just remember their hesitance is the reason we make profit from it;....

because it's not real

It’s not that cryptocurrencies aren’t “real,” they’re simply just intangible.