arrow_upward
Real Christmas tree?
So my wife wants us to get a real christmas tree and I grew up on a plastic one all my life and did not grow up thinking any less of christmas. I see getting a real tree as a fire hazard that is going to make a mess in the house but she thinks it would be neat. Am I missing something? Do you guys use plastic trees or real tress and if so why?

I use a real tree. A plastic tree just doesnt compare to a real tree. I would just say to not use shady chinese marketplace lights and stuff. Still anything can happen, its just very unlikely.

My wife and I have a fake tree that looks real. I get the pine scent with hidden pine fragrance sticks...just tuck them deep into the "branches" and cover it with ornaments. We did have a real tree once but it started to die in our old apartment. Apparently considering the conditions we should've kept it in a deep tree holder with water in it to feel the tree and keep it green.

If you're gonna do a real tree, I suggest do a small one first to see how well you can keep it alive.

real tries give the nice fragrant

Beware of any potential allergy issues anyone in your family might have if you get a real tree.

I always used a small metal one, don't trust plastic and a real one is kinda hard to get here.

Stopped using any at all tree, since the shelter Cat i have now is way to energetic to have one safely, but otherwise i always prefered a real one, kind of give of a better vibe.

I don't think it's ,uch of a fire hazard if you're careful, but the cleanup is gonna be a bitch. Just keep in mind that all of the leaves are gonna fall off given enough time.

That said, the scent ia amazing if you're willing to put up woth the extra effort.

A compromise if possible is to get a real one and keep it outside and a smaller fake inside. Best of both worlds

just for the pine smell

Always the plastic ones, less hassle!

plastic one for less work