arrow_upward
Regrettable choices, and how you grow from them
Hey everyone,
I find the topic of regret very interesting. Everyone has something they regret. Not talking to someone, not going to a place, etc. What choices do you regret? And how did you grow from them? For me it was getting into the middle of one of my friends fights. The fight caused the group to split up, but because I was in the middle, I had to deal with both sides bs. And I learned that sometimes it’s better to do nothing, and only show support. What about you guys?

[+] 1 user Likes James Guabber's post
I made a lot of shit choices when I was younger, before I was old enough and educated enough to know better. I did and said a lot of things that hurt people. In what cases I could, I apologized, but mostly I just had to accept that it happened and promise myself that I would do better in the future. Still digs at me, but not much else I can do.

Hellohello

I usually don't think of the choices I make as regret because I like to think that with every choice you could have done something better or it could have been worse. So no matter what choice I make it was what I felt was right with the best I could do with my current skills/resources.

Being an arbiter for a fight is a skill and I respect you for trying to help when its not your problem. I agree, sometimes its better to show support by listening and other times its better to show support by helping them grow through the situation. It sounds like no matter what you did the group was going to split regardless but I'm sure both sides appreciated you for not taking one side.

Regret is a weird thing, but I suppose my major regrets are going to college when I was far too immature to handle the freedom that comes along with that phase of life. I also regret friend choices, it's hard to tell if a friend will be your friend forever or not. I know so many people I never talk to anymore, but for several years considered them my "best friend".